Vino & Verdi
wine + guided tour of Verdi's Rigoletto
Baltimore Concert Opera continues its popular new performance series this season: Thirsty Thursdays at the Opera. In Vino & Verdi, luscious Italian wines will be paired with top-flight professional opera singers who will perform operatic highlights from Verdi's opera Rigoletto. The same cast will perform the full opera in concert at BCO the following week on Nov 18 & 20. Vino & Verdi will be a guided tour through the opera, featuring large sections of the music, energetic commentary and interesting facts about the tragic opera Rigoletto and its fascinating composer, Giuseppe Verdi. The event will be a casual, relaxed evening in the beautiful Grand Ballroom of the Engineers Club in the heart of Mount Vernon. This event sold out last season, so be sure to get your tickets early!
- Details: $25 ticket includes live music and tastings of 5 wines ($30 at the door). Cash bar will be open if the drink du jour isn’t your thing.
- When: Doors open at 7:30pm for the 8pm event.
- Where: Grand Ballroom of The Engineers Club, 11 West Mount Vernon Pl, Baltimore, MD, 21201 (lots of public transportation and parking options nearby!)
- Good to know: All music is sung in original languages with projected English translations.
Baltimore Concert Opera does not promote underage drinking. Thirsty Thursdays patrons must be 21 years of age or older.
- Rigoletto: Tim Mix
- Duke of Mantua: Joshua Kohl
- Gilda: Sarah Asmar
- Monterone/Sparafucile: Justin Hopkins
- Maddalena: Rebecca Ringle
- Pianist: James Harp
Many thanks to our official Hotel Sponsor: Hotel Indigo