Thirsty Thursday: Ciders & Songs, Sept 14th @ 8pm
THE CIDER/OPERA PAIRING MENU
featuring hard ciders from Distillery Lane Ciderworks in Jefferson, MD!
#1 Celebration Cider – the champagne of cider
Raise a glass to a wonderful night!
- “Largo al factotum” from The Barber of Seville (Sean)
- “Vesti la giubba” from I Pagliacci (Matthew)
- “Al pensar el el dueno” from Las hijas de Zebedeo (Claudia)
- "Vissi d'arte" from Tosca (Caroline)
#2 Scrumpy – a classic English cider
Highlights from the most apple-themed opera!
- Arnold and Mathilde’s duet from William Tell (Caroline/Matthew)
- “Sois immobile” from William Tell (Sean)
- Hedwige’s prayer from William Tell (Claudia)
- “Asile hereditaire” from William Tell (Matthew)
#3 Witches Brew – an intriguing drink spiked with Aronia berry
Music casts a spell…
- “Stride la vampa” from Il Trovatore (Claudia)
- “Dio che nell'alma infondere” from Don Carlos (Matthew/Sean)
- The flower duet from Madama Butterfly (Caroline/Claudia)
#4 Rio – this barrel-aged cider has seen it all!
Travel the world with opera!
- “Torna a Sorrento,” a Neapolitan Song (Matthew)
- “Bali Hai” from South Pacific (Claudia)
- “Art is Calling for Me” from The Enchantress (Caroline)
- “I am a Pirate King” from The Pirates of Penzance (Sean, Matthew, et al!)